Head Office, Langley, B.C
Focus on the Family Canada is a charitable organization dedicated to strengthening Canadian families through trusted, faith-based resources and programs, counselling, prayerful support, and much more. Our aim is to be the place Canadian families turn to for trusted help and encouragement! Consistently named one of the Best Christian Workplaces in Canada, Focus on the Family Canada is a dynamic and growing organization.
We are currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant, reporting to the President, to provide executive assistance to the President, as well as administrative support to the Leadership team and the Board of Directors and its committees.
This 13 month contract role will begin in August 2019 and will be based out of our head office in Langley, BC. For more information about us, please visit www.focusonthefamily.ca.
About the Position
We are looking for an energetic and engaging administrative professional with a wholehearted desire to contribute to the mission of Focus on the Family Canada. You should be comfortable multi-tasking, with the ability to maintain a sense of perspective when under pressure and confronted by shifting priorities. You must ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the President’s Office.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Planning, scheduling, organizing and facilitating meetings, including travel arrangements
- Managing the President’s calendar as well as telephone and mail communications
- Attending meetings, preparing minutes and drafting reports when necessary (occasional overnight travel may be required)
- Supporting the Board of Directors by coordinating meetings, making travel arrangements, facilitating communication via email and telephone, and other duties as required
- Maintaining files, legal records and other corporate documents
- Preparing and tracking expense reports
- Event planning for the organization, Board of Directors and staff gatherings
- Performing general office administrative duties for the President, as well as the Leadership team, as necessary
- Completing special projects as assigned
For primary consideration, you must be a well-rounded administrative professional with a desire to serve others as well as bring efficiency and organization to all that you do.
As the ideal candidate, you bring the following to this role:
- Minimum five years of experience as an Executive Assistant, preferably reporting to senior management; non-profit experience would be a definite asset.
- Post-secondary education in office administration or related field would be preferred.
- Your personal values align with the Christian family values and faith-based work of Focus on the Family Canada. You must be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, and maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people and adhere to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience using databases and conducting online research.
- Strong customer service skills and organizational abilities
- A high level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- The ability to multi-task is essential as job responsibilities will be varied and special projects may overlap with day-to-day responsibilities.
- Ownership of and willingness to use your own vehicle for local travel.
- The ability to be self-directed, self-motivated and steward time well.
- A willingness to help and serve in any area of the ministry as needed.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a positive difference to the talent and culture of a well-established, mission-driven organization, this may be the opportunity for you. Focus on the Family Canada offers competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive, friendly work environment.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!