Head Office, Langley, B.C
Focus on the Family Canada is a Christian, charitable organization dedicated to strengthening Canadian families through trusted, faith-based resources and programs, counselling, prayerful support, and much more. Our aim is to be the place Canadian families turn to for trusted help and encouragement! Due to the growth of our organization, we are currently recruiting for a new position of an IT Manager to professionalize and elevate our IT practices as we grow. The position is based out of our head office in Langley, BC. For more information about us, please visit www.focusonthefamily.ca.
About the Position
In this position, reporting to the VP of Digital Media and IT and working collaboratively with other departments, the IT Manager leads the IT team and determines the overall systems strategy of the ministry. This includes the management and development of all technological aspects of IT from virtualized servers, to networking infrastructure, to researching and implementing an efficient software strategy. The IT manager will make business decisions concerning the IT strategy as well as taking care of operational systems administration duties.
The position is hands-on, broad in scope and encompasses the full range of IT competencies.
As the ideal candidate, you must be a well-rounded IT professional with a desire to initiate all facets of IT management in this dynamic, faith-based and highly service-driven organization. You are required to bring the following to this role:
- Your personal values align with the Christian family values and faith-based work of Focus on the Family Canada. You must be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintain a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people, and adhere to our Christian Foundations and Standards
- A degree in computing science or extensive experience in the field of IT, and at least three years in a management role preferably in a customer-service driven culture
- Extensive knowledge of Windows active directory and all related areas of Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Proficiency at Exchange server, Hyper-V environments, Veeam backup solutions, Symantec Endpoint Protection Suite, DNS, and VPN protocols
- Comprehensive knowledge of current IT policies and best practices that ensure an effective operation of all IT related infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of systems administration best practices
If you are looking for a place where you can make a positive difference to the talent and culture of a well-established, mission-driven organization, this may be the opportunity for you. Focus on the Family Canada offers competitive compensation and benefits, and a supportive, friendly work environment.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!