Manager of People and Culture
Head Office, Langley, B.C
Focus on the Family Canada is a charitable organization dedicated to strengthening Canadian families through trusted, faith-based resources and programs, counselling, prayerful support, and much more. Our aim is to be the place Canadian families turn to for trusted help and encouragement! Due to the growth of our organization, we are currently recruiting for a new position of Manager of People and Culture to professionalize and elevate our human resources practices as we grow. The position is based out of our head office in Langley, BC. For more information about us, please visit www.focusonthefamily.ca.
About the Position
In this position, reporting to the President and working collaboratively with the leadership team, the People and Culture Manager will develop, implement, and manage human resource programs and practices to advance Focus on the Family Canada’s vision, mission, and values. This involves ensuring the organization is able to attract, hire, retain, and engage a loyal workforce. The Manager will champion all aspects of the employee experience across all facets of recruitment, onboarding, compensation strategies, performance management, and talent development. As an internal performance coach, the Manager will be hands-on in supporting our leadership team and individual team members to ensure they are able to work at the top of their game. Additionally, the Manager will revamp our HR policies where needed and provide regular reporting to management on key HR metrics and the success of the company’s people practices. The position is hands-on, broad in scope, and encompasses the full range of HR competencies.
For primary consideration you must be a well-rounded HR professional with a desire to initiate all facets of human resource management and people development in this dynamic, faith-based and highly service-driven organization. You are required to bring the following to this role:
- Minimum five years of experience in a generalist HR advising/management experience, preferably in a customer-service driven culture, reporting to senior management; non-profit HR experience would be a definite asset
- Your personal values align with the Christian family values and faith-based work of Focus on the Family Canada. You must be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, and maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people and adhere to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current HR policies and practices that drive a healthy workplace through effective recruitment and onboarding, employee development, rewards, recognition, compensation and total rewards
- Proficient in drafting and maintaining HR policies and procedures for use by employees
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with managers and employees at all levels on a variety of issues from policy administration to conflict management and team building
- Experience working with HRIS and advising management on compensation strategies including variable pay across management and technical positions
- Capable of assessing training needs, developing and implementing training programs and evaluating their success
- Tact and diplomacy required to maintain the utmost confidentiality of information
- Strong analytical capabilities; you are able to assess, analyze, and report on statistical information as it relates to staffing, productivity, key performance indicators, and HR budgets
- A valid CPHR (Chartered Professional Human Resources) designation or nearing completion; a diploma or degree in a related field would be a definite asset
If you’re looking for a place where you can make a positive difference to the talent and culture of a well-established, mission-driven organization, this may be the opportunity for you. Focus on the Family Canada offers competitive compensation and benefits and a supportive, friendly work environment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you!