Director of Donor Communications
Head Office, Langley, BC
Consistently named a Best Christian workplace in Canada, Focus on the Family Canada is a forward-thinking and dynamic place to use your God-given talents and experience for making a difference in the lives of families across the country.
Are you passionate about helping and encouraging people, no matter their stage of life, to experience God's redeeming love and to seek God's design for family?
Do you believe such an important mission demands excellence and quality work, regardless of the task?
Do you desire to be part of a hardworking team where you are accountable to your teammates?
Along with working hard, do you enjoy serving in a relaxed and fun environment?
If you answered yes to each of these questions and feel called to be part of our team, please check out the opportunity below. For all positions, successful candidates must exhibit a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintain a courteous and Christ-like attitude in dealing with people and adhere to our Christian Foundations and Standards.
About The Role
Reporting to: Senior Vice-president of Donor Development
Are you experienced with donor communications? Do you have a heart for seeing families thrive? Are you looking to combine these two passions? We are looking for an experienced fundraising professional who can help grow our donor base through compelling communication and storytelling. You would be responsible to effectively oversee the donor communication plan, project manage initiatives through to completion, and inspire current and potential donors to give the ministry.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the senior vice-president and donor relations team to develop our multi-year donor relations strategy.
- Execute and implement this strategy within the organization and out to our donors while working within defined budgets.
- Develop and oversee the donor communication plan and the specific messaging and goals for each major campaign. This includes all fundraising campaigns, donor newsletters and impact reporting. Execute these objectives through storytelling and fundraising best practices.
- Write various communication pieces, including direct mail fundraising letters, newsletters, thank-you letters, donor emails and online donor-related content. Work with internal teams to see these pieces to completion from start to finish.
- Collaborate with executive level and program staff to obtain and deliver an accurate flow of current key news items to ministry supporters.
- Develop new, engaging ways to connect and communicate with our current donors and to acquire new supporters.
As the ideal candidate, you have a post-secondary degree in non-profit management, communications or marketing. You bring at least seven years of professional fundraising experience in areas such as direct mail, donor retention and donor acquisition strategy, project management, business communications, or marketing. Experience in managing a multi-channel organizational plan is critical, as is experience with managing the messaging for a donations-dependent organization. You possess an excellent command of the English language and are able to demonstrate superior writing and oral communication skills, with the ability to craft the right message for the right audience. You have a proven track record of compelling readers to action through the power of story and testimony. You thrive in an environment that allows you to work independently while managing multiple projects at once, has strict timelines and requires you to produce a high volume of work.
Success in this position will be dependent upon your ability to successfully lead a cross-functional team in the completion of deadline-driven projects, though you do not necessarily manage all of the resources directly. Additionally, you must demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, project management and time management skills. AFP training preferred; CFRE designation would be an asset. Above all, you must be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, and maintain a courteous, Christlike attitude in dealing with people and adhere to the Christian Foundations and Standards.
To apply, please answer the questions below, on the next page you will be asked to submit your cover letter and resume.